Making and selling parts for mining equipment, Geographe serves mining companies all over the world with engineered solutions for plant and mobile equipment. Focusing on quality and service experience, our team at takes great pride in refining and perfecting every component it makes. This ultimately helps our customers reduce operating costs across the equipment life cycle.
However, despite our commitment to excellence, Geographe could not evade the consequences of a five-year Australian mining downturn that started in 2012. Using this experience as the catalyst for change, we set about “future proofing” our operations. By employing SAP S/4HANA® Cloud as the IT backbone for this transformation, Geographe was able to automate key processes and workflows to streamline its business operations.
Now with real-time data access and enhanced business agility, Geographe is able to predict customer demand – allowing it to optimise production, inventory, and the supply chain – and respond faster to customer needs. Additionally, with more time spent in front of the customer, Geographe employees are becoming more involved in their customers’ businesses, helping them increase efficiencies and minimise downtime.
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Future-proof Geographe’s business with an IT foundation that supports new and disruptive technologies
- Streamline manufacturing operations and better integrate SAP technologies with core business processes
- Introduce real-time analytics and adopt a broader scope of software functionality to maximize value and enhance business agility
- Existing, successful, 15-year implementation of the SAP ERP application
- SAP’s proven expertise and leadership in manufacturing
- Use of disruptive technologies, such as the Internet of Things and additive manufacturing, in the mining sector with SAP S/4HANA Cloud
After: Value-Driven Results
- Enhanced efficiency in managing inventory, sales operations, the supply chain, and dispatch
- Greater levels of hands-off processing, improving internal efficiencies and meeting best practices
- Real-time data access helping Geographe become more responsive to customer needs through the ability to predict customer demand so it can optimise production, inventory, and the supply chain
With SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the information employees need is available anywhere there’s a browser or a mobile phone connection. They can get answers to our customers’ questions right away, giving customers a solution often within minutes.”
Holly Hyder -Corporate Development, Geographe Enterprises